Sunday, December 2, 2018

Pretty Weird Art Avatar Pitch


Pretty Weird Art's Portfolio of Music Related Artwork.
A Note from Bird-
I have loved the  music scene since I was 14 years old.  Punk Rock first and then Metal as I outgrew my preteen angst. My dad was military and we were stationed at a base 30 minutes outside of Nashville, TN. I found myself living next door to two wonderful underground scenes and I took full advantage of the opportunity. Flash forward to five years later. Favor House Atlantic just came on the radio and I'm sitting on the floor in a friends living room reading the first issue of the Amory Wars.  The wheels in my head turned with the pages of that comic book, and at 19 years old I knew that I wanted to illustrate music.  I believe every song whether part of a concept album or not, tells a story in and of itself. I want to go beyond videos and albums and illustrate full graphic novels based on music and lyrics.
After talking with Johannes from Avatar over a month ago, I have put these many years of moshing, learning, listening and developing my craft to work. Johannes' lyrics to The King's Harvest are beautiful and deserving of visuals that illustrate them well.  If Long Live the King is Avatar's love letter to metal, then this project proposal is my way of writing back.




Bird's Contribution: 5 page Illustration: Avatar The King's Harvest


Pages 1-2

Page 3
Page 4
Page 5

Ethan's Contribution: Posters & Character Design
Comp poster: Avatar's 2019 tour

 Character design for The King

Alternate Comp Poster: Avatar's 2019 tour