Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Captain's Comics Expo: Post Mortem



Pretty Weird Art set up shop at the Captain's Comic Expo in Charleston, SC this last Saturday and Sunday. It was our first show of the year and we were pretty proud of our table. I feel like our table came together much better than last year. If you check out the pics below you'll see that we've got four of our comics on display as well as prints, posters, and original artwork all for sale. 


Our buddy Haisten assisted us over the weekend at the table. We got him to snap a quick pic before the show began. 


A local comic book buddy of mine was at the show. Since his birthday was coming up, I drew a quick sketch of his favorite character when the crowd died down on Sunday. 

One of my souvenirs from this last week. I found this little transformer dude at a local antique store collecting dust, so I freed him from his dusty domain and decided to immortalize him in a piece of artwork. He's so happy right now if you listen closely, you'll hear him purr. 

I was really happy to get the chance to do a commissioned piece featuring the original Daredevil. 

I also found time to sketch out War Machine...

…And Iron Man during Saturday. 

Rachel cranked out this sketch on Sunday. The farting hearts was my idea :)

Rachel ask finished up this awesome fairy drawing over the weekend. Love this thing!

That's pretty much it for the weekend summery. We've got SC Comic Con in two weeks. We'll have two more comics at that show. We'll have the first ever Pretty Weird Sketchbook for sale as well as the first issues of my Churchology series in print.