Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Writer's Blox Project Update


PrettyWeirdPal Progress


Hi one and all! To echo everyone who has ever set foot into a comic convention, Heroes Con was the best! Of course, I personally had an excellent experience as a result of such a wonderful response from other convention goers to the “idea box” we’d placed out on the PrettyWeird table. That and the fact I added some most important issues to one of my own comic collections made the show one of a kind for me. So, thanks to all of you!
Now, undoubtedly, you want to know about the story that we’ll be formulating from the numerous prompts we received from our much appreciated passersby.
First off, let me say that these suggestions have been a lot of fun to read, very entertaining, and if I can manage to take all the coolness that was crammed into that cigar box and recycle it into a story… it should be one heckuva a book to read!
Currently, I am focusing on creating a literary universe where everyone’s suggestions can coexist. I’m not sure how much of the story I want to reveal along the way as we’re constructing it, so for now I’m going to keep my cards to my chest and just tell you that what I have seen developed out of your combined thoughts is a dimension (or series of dimensions) with a backstory that I’ve NEVER read in any other tale. That is code for “y’all done good”!
I have begun working with a prelude and hope to have a first draft of that introductory portion finished up by next week. That said, I better let you go (effectively, also letting me go) so I can get to work! Thanks again for all your time, energy, thoughts, and trust. We look forward to seeing what we can produce together!
Writing for you,
Mark Szasz